KAUST community artists 16 years or older are eligible to participate.
KAUST Sustainability: This contest is organized as part of the Sustainability Seminar Series initiative, which aims to foster scientific and community engagement on the complexity of sustainability issues that affect our present and future. Click here to view the seminars we have hosted over the last two years.
To create an art piece representing KAUST Sustainability and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Art pieces guidelines
- Artwork must be an original art piece.
- Format. The art piece can be a sculpture or a painting.
- Technique. Up to the artist: ceramics, clay, wood, acrylic, oil, etc.
- Sculpture: 20 cm maximum height.
- Painting: 30 cm x 40 cm maximum size.
- All art pieces must be labeled with the artist’s name in a place out of sight.
The participants must fulfill the following two requirements to enter the competition:
- Submission of the art piece at the Student Center Helpdesk Sunday to Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from August 28 to September 11.
- Completion of the online registration form, which includes describing the art piece in one paragraph and uploading a photo of the art piece
Deadline extended: Dates for art submission are from August 28 to September 11, 2022.
Judging and winners
- The art pieces will be evaluated by a committee based on their quality, originality, and relevance to the theme.
- Four winners will be selected.
- Each winner will receive a 250 SAR Tamimi voucher.
- The winner pieces will be the appreciation gift for the Fall 2022 Sustainability Seminar Series speakers.
Announcement of winners
The winners will be announced on September 15, 2022.
For any questions or inquiries, contact Malinalli Ramirez Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org