Good news for climbers in the community! The indoor climbing wall, located in the Island Recreation Club, has been revamped and is ready to be used again.
Starting from Sunday, May 22, all levels of climbers are welcome to challenge the body and mind on our wall routes and multiple auto belays. The climbing wall is dedicated to the age group of four years old and up and works on a first-come-first-served basis.
Wear your comfortable clothes and meet us by the wall!
Access and operating hours
Opening week hours:
- Sunday, May 22 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 23 from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Regular operating hours after that
Regular operating hours
The climbing wall operates 6 days per week:
- Monday: CLOSED
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., then from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., then from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Pre-booking is not required. Children from the ages of four to 12 require adult assistance while using the wall. The climbing wall is located in the arena and we prohibit activities in that area that can mark or damage the flooring. For example, no food and soft drinks, heeled shoes, heavy equipment, etc. All climbers are required to wear safety attested equipment. Free gear rental is available.
Please also review the climbing wall rules and regulations before use.
Upcoming arena maintenance
Our multipurpose Island Recreation Club arena is awaiting planned maintenance. This will affect access to the climbing wall at the beginning of the summer break. Separate announcements and updates on our Island Recreation Club webpage will be posted soon. Thank you for your understanding.
Contact and feedback
- Contact us: For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Stay tuned: Regularly check the Island Recreation Club for facility updates
- Feedback: Let us know your experience at the climbing wall by completing our short survey
- Share photos: Share your photos and videos by tagging @KAUST.Life on Instagram.
See you during the climbing sessions!